You join the Healthdata.be service which is part of the Scientific Direction of Sciensano (Expersise, Service Provision and Customer Relation). The service provides technical expertise for the development and management of data flows for supporting scientific research in Belgium. For more information about Healthdata.be: https://healthdata.be.
You will join the Support group within the Healthdata Services & Support Team. As Overall Support Specialist, you will execute a diversity of tasks and participate in the management of the business applications, the corporate software and the infrastructure of the Healthdata.be technical platform.
This function includes activities for the following processes compliant with the best practices given by the ITIL Framework:
- Call Management and Ticket Management: Act as first point of contact towards (internal and external) customers, answering the calls, emails and Service Portal requests;
- Identification, creation and follow-up of support tickets;
- Incident Management: , L1 resolution and closure of incidents, follow-up with other support Level 2 and Level 3 groups;
- Change management: carry out standard tasks for business applications and infrastructure in production, participate in the execution of Request For Changes;
- Events management: Pro-Active support monitoring;
- Configuration management: CMDB maintenance and inventory maintenance;
- Participate on a as-needed basis in implementation projects.
You will report your activities to the Services & Support Team Lead.
The opportunity exists to grow further to the function of L2 Support Specialist, after time.
Technical and Functional Skills
- Minimum a bachelor degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Sciences Engineering, Network or Sciences with quantitative aspects (e.g. data science, engineering); or equivalent by experience
- Experience/wiling to learn with the reading of application Logs and code (Java, PHP, Java Script, SAS)
- Basic Knowledge of Cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Database querying: SQL, Oracle, MS SQL, DB-2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Squirrel or MS SQL Studio
- Experience in Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Understanding of network protocols: OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, http(s), (s)FTP, SMTP, Wireshark
- Very good knowledge of MS Office 365 services (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Outlook, MS Project)
- High proficiency in languages French, Dutch and English is a must
- Strong in communication, stress resistant and flexible.
Technical and Functional Skills (Considered as a plus)
- Trained in Devops
- Experience with the ticketing tool ServiceNow
- Experience with deployment tools such as OpenShift (Docker, Jenkins, GIT)
- Experience with Containerization (Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Ansible
- Knowledge of Cisco CCNA
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus / Grafana)
- Interest and basic background with devops